OUR WEBINAR SELECTION PROCESS
Webinar selection is done annually in the fall. The next call for webinar proposals will take place in September 2020 and details will be announced here.
Our webinar speakers are:
- Learning & Development professionals who have a story to tell, or a case study they want to share (ideally, this would be a "challenges, opportunities, and lessons learned" style of presentation - our participants love to hear from their peers!)
- Consultants or Companies who support the Learning & Development space (have some expertise you would like to share? Then we want to hear from you!)
But our webinar speakers are not:
- Those who want to solely pitch their services: We pride ourselves on ensuring that our attendees are not being sold at, rather they are there to build long-lasting relationships with peers and collaborators. Our speakers should be informative, but also listen to what they are hearing, and be prepared to respond.
- Those who do not want to actively engage: We highly recommend that your presentation automatically include attendee participation, whether that is poll questions, or time for them to challenge what they are hearing. We don’t want to have someone on stage simply talking “at them” for an hour!
For additional details on sponsored webinars, please contact I4PL National Office or 416-367-5900 ext. 233 for the 2020 Sponsorship Kit.
Webinar Applications will collect:
- Your contact information, including relevant social media accounts
- Your biography
- Session title & description
- Name(s) of those presenting with you for the proposed session (and their contact information)
- Tangible and intangible takeaways for participants
- Description of the content and goals of this session (in approximately 100 words, please). (What’s the problem/opportunity/scenario/challenge that makes the takeaways relevant? Your description should sell the session.)
- Who will benefit the most from attending this session?
- Introduction by I4PL: 2-3 minutes
- Presentation by Speaker using slides, videos, simulations: 40-45 minutes
- Q&A from the attendees through the chat box feature on the webinar software
The webinars are hosted by I4PL and usually run for 1 hour. The typical outline is as follows:
We record the webinars and provide them to the attendees.The recording is also available to I4PL members through the member centre. I4PL can circulate presentations before and after the presentation. I4PL can provide links to you so that you can put the information on your website, LinkedIn page and social media accounts. I4PL can also provide you with our logo so that you can state that you have been a speaker for I4PL. I4PL does not pay speakers. If you are a certified I4PL member, you will receive 6 professional development credits for your certification maintenance.
Are you a member and missed a webinar or want to re-watch one of your favourites? You can do so by clicking here!