- Chapters & Communities
- Professional Development
Our roots run deep. The Institute for Performance and Learning (I4PL), formerly the Canadian Society for Training and Development, is a not-for-profit member-driven organization for professionals supporting learning and performance in the workplace.
We are a national community of experts, partners, newcomers and stakeholder from across Canada. I4PL exists to elevate the performance and learning profession by setting the standard for excellence in professional practice through a competency framework, code of ethics, and sought-after professional designations.
Our purpose is to elevate the performance of the Canadian workforce. We foster collaboration, spark innovation, and create opportunities to upgrade skills. We enable those in our profession to make a measurable impact – on all workplaces and the Canadian economy.
As a member-driven association we:
• Support the success of our members through certification based on our competency model.
• Provide educational opportunities to enable advancement and enrich careers.
• Develop our local chapters into collaborative professional communities and expertise networks.
As an institute we:
• Set the standards for Learning and Performance Professionals in Canada.
• Champion our profession and advocate for investment in continuous workplace learning.
• Disseminate research that provides a compelling point of view to shape learning and workplace performance.
Board of Directors
Conference Event Coordinatorfelicia@performanceandlearning.ca