Log on this November to stream our lineup of concurrent sessions and sparkling keynotes, providing leading-edge professional development, learning sessions, demos, networking, the latest practices, technologies, and more. Because the Institute for Performance and Learning is a community of specialized L&D professionals, our speaker selection ensures that the conference programming is of the highest quality and presents the latest developments in the field.
THIS YEAR’S CONFERENCE THEME IS: CONNECTIONS
In 2020, many of us long to be connected to each other and to the world outside our door more than ever before. This presents endless opportunities to evolve our thinking and discover new methods in response to our changing world. In order to achieve a fully connected experience, we are redefining how we design and deliver learning by leveraging the latest technology and upskilling in areas such as virtual facilitation and designing for the online world of today. These opportunities open new doors which, when approached strategically, can result in better learning experiences, better business results, and business outcomes beyond what was imaginable only a few years ago.
I4PL2020 will comprise 3 exciting learning tracks:
1. Virtual Connections – Online learning, the tools that make it happen and the humans behind the tools
This track focuses on connecting through virtual platforms to provide learners with a rich and personalized experience and maximizing technology to support and enhance workplace performance.
The conversations in this track will include:
- Latest techniques in online learning and virtual facilitation
- New platforms and tools that create new ways of delivering content and interacting
- Use of emerging technologies to enhance employee performance
- Leveraging technology to measure and improve performance and learning
- Influencing clients and business partners to invest in and adopt new learning technologies
- Tailoring the learning experience to employees’ unique needs and expectations
- Enabling collaboration and content creation/sharing amongst employees
2. Business Connections – Connect workplace learning with business objectives
This track will focus on connecting workplace learning activities directly to business objectives by using evidence-based data to measure talent development initiatives, program effectiveness, and impact on organizational outcomes. Effective business connections also means achieving effective partnering with all areas involved.
In this track, presenters will discuss:
- Applying a data-driven approach to building a learning culture
- Recent developments in learning analysis and process
- Showcasing ROI to the business using analytics and data
- Ensuring alignment with business drivers
- Integrating learning solutions with other talent partners (recruitment, performance, leadership)
- Taking your seat at the table by demonstrating value to the business
- Skillful decision making in selecting the right measurement tools
3. Leadership Connections – Strategic approaches to performance and learning that positively impact organizational performance.
This track examines approaches for CLOs and senior performance and learning professionals to communicate the value of L&D in business terms that are persuasive and inspire action. Managing organizational learning requires L&D leaders to scan the internal and external environment for signs of change readiness; strategically approach change initiatives that impact organizational performance; apply a project management process; and incorporate learning trends and non-training solutions, such as performance consulting and coaching, to support change.
In this track, presenters will discuss:
- Skillfully leading a high performing team through change
- Strengthening the capacity of L&D to be a change influencer
- Identifying innovative ways to impact and support change initiatives
- Using strategic foresight to plan for change
- Managing team relationships: cross functional teams; interacting with other learning teams and business leaders
- Identifying and navigating the complex and real world challenges of organizational change
- Strengthening the resilience of learning systems
- Demonstrating to senior leaders that L&D links to the organization’s highest strategic goals
For the month of September, both I4PL members and non-members can save $50.00 on passes to I4PL's 2020 Virtual Conference tickets with our Early Bird rates.
Regular Rate - beginning October 1st 2020:
All pricing is in CAD and pricing above is not including tax. Applicable provincial taxes will be added at checkout.
Please note all sessions will be recorded. By attending the virtual conference, you grant the Institute for Performance and Learning permission to record your name and any questions captured during the sessions. Session recordings will remain the property of I4PL for six months until May 18th, 2021 and then ownership is transferred to the session speaker.
- More than four weeks before the virtual conference (any time prior to October 20th) - full refund less admin fee of $50.00
- Four weeks before the virtual conference (between October 20th and October 26th) - 75% refund
- Three weeks before the virtual conference (between October 27th and November 2nd) - 50% refund
- Two weeks or less before the virtual conference ( November 3rd onwards) - no refund
Please note the conference begins on November 17th, 2020.