When was the last time you considered the language you use, the colloquialisms you rely on, and the metaphors you refer to when expressing yourself? Is what you say inclusive to your entire audience?
This webinar will explore the power of language and how it has the ability to either create an inclusive environment, or exclude people, which can impact one’s ability to feel connected, engaged, and present. Join us as we reflect on the language we use every day, while building self-awareness, and then learning how to foster inclusivity in the workplace.
By the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
· Recognize common words/phrases that are both inclusive, and not inclusive.
· Appreciate the value and importance of inclusive language and the power it has in creating an inclusive environment.
· Identify how you may be unconsciously excluding people through the language you use.
· Rephrase your language to be inclusive.
About the Presenter: Annette Denny is a passionate organizational development consultant dedicated to creating work environments that are open and welcome for people to bring their whole selves to work. She has over 15 years experience at the University of Waterloo, developing customized learning solutions for the campus community, and has played a key role in educating the campus community about diversity and inclusion. She is a Certified Performance Coach & Trainer, a Certified Training & Development Professional (CTDP) with the Institute, and an Executive Member of the Waterloo Wellington & Area Chapter.
COST: FREE for members and $50 for non members. Includes both the live facilitated webinar AND access to the recording afterwards.
DATE and TIME: September 25, 2019 12:00pm to 1:00 pm
ARE YOU A CERTIFIED MEMEBER? This counts towards your CEUs and is equal to 1 hour of certification maintenance.
TO REGISTER: Please note that there are two steps in the registration process:
1. To register for this event, you must first log in to the Institute for Performance and Learning website. If you are a member, please log in to register. Not a member? That's ok - you can still register for an event by creating an account free of charge.
2. This webinar takes place on the Zoom platform. Therefore, 24-48 hours before the webinar you will be sent a confirmation email with the dial-in instructions. For questions or issues, please contact your Durham Chapter Membership Director at email@example.com
CANCELLATIONS: The Institute for Performance and Learning does not issue refunds for cancelled event registrations. Cancellations received in writing up to seven days prior to the event date will be issued a full credit voucher to be applied to another event within the respective calendar year. If it is a free member event ticket, it is not permitted to transfer one I4PL member's spot to a non-member. If it is a paid member event ticket and the cancellation is received less than seven days before the event, no credit voucher will be issued but the member may transfer the ticket to another I4PL member. If it is a paid non-member event ticket and the cancellation is received less than seven days before the event, no credit voucher will be issued but the non-member may transfer the ticket to a I4PL member or non-member to use. Please read the cancellation policy at: https://performanceandlearning.site-ym.com/page/I4PLCancellationPolicy
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO DISCLAIMER: The Institute for Performance and Learning may take photos and/or videos during the event. Please read the photo/video disclaimer at: https://performanceandlearning.site-ym.com/page/I4PLPhotographicandVideoDisclaimer