Member Code of Ethical Conduct
The Institute for Performance and Learning’s Member Code of Ethical Conduct provides guidelines to The Institute for Performance and Learning’s members to be self-managed training and development professionals so that their clients (internal and external) and employers can expect members of The Institute for Performance and Learning to follow the highest possible standards of personal integrity, professional competence, confidentiality, and discretion.
As a member of The Institute for Performance and Learning, I will adhere to the following:
- Responsibilities to our Learners
- 1.1 I shall support and apply the principles of human rights, equity, dignity and respect, and in particular will not discriminate on the grounds of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences (as defined in the appropriate jurisdictional Human Rights Code), marital status, family status, or disability.
- 1.2 I shall keep informed about the profession of training and development, including the current version of The Institute for Performance and Learning’s Member Code of Ethical Conduct and the profession’s common body of knowledge, as outlined in the Competencies for Training and Development Professionals©
- 1.3 I shall commit to understanding my learners’ needs, providing a hospitable learning environment and presenting them with accurate information that will enable them to transfer their learning on the job.
- 1.4 As far as reasonably possible, I shall accommodate my services for clients who are impaired because of disability.
- Responsibilities to our Profession
- 2.1 I shall act in the best interest of the profession.
- 2.2 I shall be liable for suspension or expulsion from membership when I have behaved in a manner unbecoming to the profession.
- 2.3 I shall strive to keep current with developments in any area of the profession where I claim specific expertise.
- 2.4 When I have verifiable evidence that someone has breached The Institute for Performance and Learning’s Member Code of Ethical Conduct, I will report it.
- 2.5 I shall refrain from personal gain through improper use of The Institute for Performance and Learning and its resources.
- 2.6 I shall act in accordance with the applicable legislation and laws.
- 2.7 I shall observe all laws and restrictions of copyright.
- 2.8 I shall acknowledge the authors of original material and concepts.
- Responsibilities to other Members
- 3.1 I shall behave in a manner that maintains the good reputation of the profession and its ability to serve the public interest.
- 3.2 I will maintain personal and professional growth in the profession by engaging in activities that enhance credibility and value of the profession.
- 3.3 I shall be liable for “discipline,” suspension “and/”or expulsion from membership when I have behaved in a manner unbecoming to the profession. In such circumstances, I shall reply promptly to any communication from The Institute for Performance and Learning.
- Responsibilities as a Certified Member
- 4.1. By successfully completing The Institute for Performance and Learning’s certification, I have made a strong commitment to this profession as well as the commitments associated with certification.
- 4.2. I shall keep my membership in good standing to maintain my certification.
- Responsibilities to our Clients (Internal or External)
- 5.1. I shall honour client privacy and not divulge any such information unless authorized by the client or required to do so by law.
- 5.2. I shall provide high quality service aligned with The Institute for Performance and Learning’s Member Code of Ethical Conduct and the profession’s common body of knowledge, as outlined in the Competencies for Training and Development Professionals©.
- 5.3. I shall offer only services I am qualified and competent to deliver. I shall recognize any limitations I have in my ability to handle a matter and take steps to ensure the client is appropriately served.
- 5.4. I shall act in the best interest of my client, providing professional services with integrity, objectivity, and independence. I shall not encourage unrealistic client expectations and provide honest assessments and evaluations when requested.
- 5.5. I will not adopt any method of obtaining business that detracts from the professional image of The Institute for Performance and Learning or its members.
- 5.6. I shall, before accepting an assignment, reach a mutual understanding with the client as to the assignment objectives, scope, work plan, and, if relevant, costs.
- 5.7. I shall avoid acting simultaneously for two or more clients in potentially conflicting situations without informing all parties in advance and securing their agreement to the arrangement.
- 5.8. I shall inform a client of any interest that may impair or may be seen to impair my professional judgment.
- 5.9. I shall refrain from serving a client under terms or conditions that violate any laws within my jurisdiction.
error: Content is protected !!