Call for Volunteers: National Member Experience Committee
With a diverse membership such as ours, we have to make sure that we keep the pulse on who our members are, and what their needs are, as these are always changing. While here at National office we make every attempt to reach the most members possible, we know the reality is that we don’t have enough people or time to have enough of those really important conversations that matter.
We need to know what our members’ biggest challenges are, what problems we can help solve, why didn’t someone renew?
To help us answer these questions and more, we need a group of enthusiastic dedicated I4PL members to join our Membership Experience Committee. This committee will assist National Office in retaining our members.
As a first initiative for this committee we are launching a Reach Back campaign to connect with members who have left us, or simply let their membership lapse. We want to know WHY. Have you changed positions? Has your employer stopped supporting your membership? Was the website not working? How could we improve your experience or offer better value?
What you’ll be responsible in the first part of our campaign;
- Reaching out to members via phone and personal email to initiate a conversation
- Tracking feedback through an online survey
- Making sure we’re asking the right questions, offering suggestions
- Helping develop a better understanding of our members’ needs
What you’re doing for the Institute:
- Gathering insights and important data to inform strategy
- Conducting market research that will build better programs and services to meet member needs
- Developing and mending relationships with current and former members
- Providing a real value add to members that lets them know we are listening
The kind of skills or attributes you have:
- Great communications skills, a friendly voice and an active listener
- Attention to detail and organized
- Analysis: Reviewing surveys and summarizing, providing insights on the data you’ve collected
- Problem solver: Come up with creative suggestions to offer better /more value to members
- Accountable: You show up to meetings and do your part, no one has to chase after you!
- Work well as a team. You’ll be working virtually with other members of the committee
- Knowledge of survey monkey is ideal, and how to summarize results and put into a simple report format
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to contribute to the field of learning and development by improving the Institute, providing more value to members, and collecting important data
- An opportunity to learn about the strategies and tactics behind running a member based organization
- A voice in the overall strategy of the Institute
- Opportunities for more leadership (a lot of Board members and chapter leaders start out on committees)
- An opportunity to connect more deeply with industry professionals
- Earn certification maintenance credits per year per committee towards I4PL’s CTDP or CTP designations.
- Valuable work experience for your curriculum
What We Ask of You:
- A commitment of about 6 hours per month, plus time for one monthly meeting.
- Enthusiasm and accountability.
- To be honest with us if you’re not able to contribute so we can pass on the opportunity to another member.
To apply for the committee please click here and fill out the following form by March 9th, 2018.